Thursday, March 27, 2014

seven months



My baby is now seven months. So many emotions. I want him to be my baby forever. Children don't replace children. Lincoln will always be our baby boy. He is so happy, healthy, and energetic - everything I wanted in a son. I had no idea how proud I would be. He loves to cuddle. He head nudges me a lot. He loves to be tickled and to play. He loves his daddy. Every day when we're home without Caleb, I catch Lincoln quickly looking to the desk Caleb sits at for studying. We walk into the room and he whips his head around and smiles in that direction. Then he just stares. My heart swells because I love how much Lincoln loves his dad. When Caleb gets home at night Lincoln gets breathing fast and is so excited. Having Lincoln has taught me more about our relationship with our Father and Mother in Heaven. How they love us and must miss us! Love means more now. Love is doing what is best, even though it might be painful right now.




Lincoln loves so unconditionally. I was sad the other day about some poor choices I made. I walked into the Kitchen and looked at Lincoln in his exersaucer. He gave me the biggest smile and almost chuckled. He has a naturally happy heart... just like his dad. I needed Lincoln for a son. He has made me see the world with new eyes. I get excited about going on walks. Everything new he sees, feels like I'm seeing it for the first time too. When I was pregnant with him I remember turning on the radio to a song that I usually listened to. There was no swearing or anything obviously wrong with it. Then I would think,"but I don't want my baby to listen to this". And I'd change it. Its the same now. He has made me so much better. I've grown more in this last 7 months of having Lincoln than I think I would have in a lifetime. These precious babes are such a blessing.






Happy 7 months my little Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment