Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My favs lately


  1. 4-grain Breakfast pudding: From my darling friend Amanda's blog Call me Betty. Amanda is a registered dietitian.  I love all the recipes she's put on there so far and I am excited for more to come! This recipe is so filling and so packed with fiber and other nutrients. I add a little milk over mine right before I eat it. It is so creamy and yummy. Recipe Note: I did double the cinnamon and add more fruit than it calls for, the second time I made it, so my sweet husband would eat it.
  2. Tortilla Soup: Click here for original recipe.    This soup is so comforting... and healthy. That is if you don't eat it with a cup of cheese and a bag of tortilla chips. :) This soup is really good without the cheese and chips, but if you're going to add it, go light.
       Recipe Note: I am the worst at following recipe's exactly so my twist on this soup is I always double the recipe. I bake the chicken first. I always add a can or two of beans, usually black. I cut all or most of my tomatoes to decrease the amount of stuff coming from cans.  And I usually get the low sodium broth. I use vegetable broth sometimes along with the chicken. I get as much vegetables as I can in this thing. Its amazing!
  3. Cajun Chicken over Lettuce: Recipe for the chicken. This chicken is yummy! Put this over a bed of your favorite lettuce with lots of slices Roma tomatoes and you will be in heaven.
    Recipe Note: I only use half the Cajun Seasoning it calls for.
  4. Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas : This is my honey's favorite Recipe lately. He loves it.
    Recipe Note: I DON'T ever use cream. I have used a little milk or a little lite sour cream, but this recipe is so yummy it really doesn't need either. I always use whole wheat tortillas and serve with a side of Black beans and lettuce with diced tomatoes. 
Listen to your body. I'm not a fan of eating such "healthy" meals that you don't feel like you can eat normal food. I'm an advocate for "normal" food that is eaten in moderation. I love adding more vegetables or fruits to recipes and less of the "bad" stuff. I've found that it's not only edible after I do that, but even better than the original recipe. 

Meal time should be fun and enjoyable. Sit down and enjoy these meals with your family and let me know what you think. What are some favorites at your house lately? 


No comments:

Post a Comment