Monday, March 10, 2014

My new journey

* I wrote this post over a month ago. I didn't want want to rewrite them all, so I just published all of them today. My journey started in January... 

 Let me share why I wanted to do this blog. I have been a runner pretty much since 8th grade when I joined track. Since then I have consistently gone several months where I run a lot and then drop off to pretty much nothing and then start again. Since 8th grade my weight has fluctuated between 128- 140 lbs. When I got married I was a solid 138 lbs.  I was 18 percent body fat and I felt great! I got married and on top of the busy college student I already was, I wanted to be a little Martha Stewart. Instead of living close to friends and sisters to exercise with, I lived far away and felt alone whenever I wanted to go for a run. (bless my husband's heart... he hates running.) Needless to say, I found every excuse to not exercise and just kept baking away. Fast forward two years post marriage and I was approaching 150 lbs. By the time I found out I was pregnant I weighed 152 lbs.


When I learned that I was pregnant I vowed to myself to only gain 15 lbs. Morning sickness struck (which should be called all day sickness) and I lost 5 pounds. I thought, Whew... good I wont gain lots of weight. Somehow, probably with the help of chocolate, I found my self at 190 lbs at my last weigh in before having Lincoln. 

Luckily, with nursing and my insane schedule to finish my degree after having my little guy, 30 lbs practically fell off. 



So I had my little guy in August. December found me at a whopping 162 lbs. I had work to do. I signed up for a local gym and started going.  A month ago I was 29 % body fat and Barely fitting into my "chubby clothes". Today I am 157 and 27% body fat (my chubby clothes have loosened some). I have plenty of work left to do. My goal is 130 lbs. I've been wanting something to help me be accountable and stay motivated. So, please feel free to join me on this journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment