Friday, April 4, 2014

Checking in

So basically I am so worn out and exhausted right now, I hope I finish this post before falling asleep. I thought I'd update you on how this sugar thing is going.... It's killin' me. Seriously what was I thinking? If it were not for putting my foot in my mouth by putting this no sugar business online... I'd be done. But I guess that's why I did it. The other night I almost caved. I was storming through the kitchen for SOMETHING to satisfy me. I said, "Caleb it's an emergency, go get me the quick oats. I have to make sugar free no bake cookies right now or I'm going to quit this sugar thing!" 

Poor Caleb

So I did a mashed banana and some honey in place of the sugar/brown sugar. I wish I could share the recipe. But I was so eager to get these things done I didn't even measure as I went. I know it was cocoa, peanut butter, vanilla, mashed banana, a little bit of honey, and quick oats. IT SAVED ME!

anyway, otherwise it guess I'm doing pretty good. Ha ha 

I didn't do my Monday report this week. Caleb has been really busy and the weather hasn't been too great. When he has got home at night I have wanted to spend time with him and enjoy my little family. I don't like to blog when Lincoln is awake or I could be spending time with my husband. I probably will be back to reporting Monday. 

How are abby, Kelly, Candice, Kandice, and Amber doing? You guys are amazing for even trying! If you've jumped off the ban wagon, no worries. Just jump back on. There's still time! 

Throw back to when Lincoln was apart of me... And when I got HUMUNGOUS! :) sometimes I miss having him with me in this way, but seeing and holding him is SO much better. 


2 comments:

  1. So I am still off soda. So I consider life a success! Like I said, I have to take baby steps. Have I ever shared the cookie dough debaucle of 2011? I decided as a new year's resolution that I was off sugar. Cold turkey. That was great until January 20th. Ross decided he needed to make cookie dough. I thought just one little chocolate chip wouldn't hurt. We ended up eating the WHOLE bowl! We were so sick. Which served us right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, I've had that happen way to many times. Why doesn't sugar have to make everything so yummy!?

      Delete