Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I have much to be Thankful for

I love this time of year. Everyone counting their blessings... naming them one-by-one.
I have quite a lot to be thankful for. I would like to share that list.
Heavenly Father's constant love. Sometimes I want to be the best person, but I fall short. I can feel Heavenly Father's love. I can't describe it. It's the best feeling in the world. I have no idea why I deserve it, but I do know that I am a daughter of a very loving Father in Heaven. For that I am grateful. 
The Savior's peace. Lately I have really needed this. I'm a baby. When I hear about some hardship someone is experiencing, it breaks my heart. It tears me apart when I hear someone has been killed. I couldn't sleep when I knew someone is missing their loved one. I was born with this quality. I believe I have the gift to Mourn. I did not always think this was a gift. I have been criticized for it. I have thought that it was weak... but its not. It requires me to constantly be turning to the Lord for peace and comfort. The news is disturbing. It breaks my heart. I lose trust in people. I feel fear. But when I pray for peace, it comes. I don't know how, but it does. I can never be grateful enough for that peace. John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." 
 
My dear, cute, adorable husband. I am the luckiest woman on Earth. I think I have never met a better person. Not only is he amazing, but he makes me feel like I am too. He is everything I lack. He is my reason and my rock. Everyday I think, "I have no Idea how I got him to marry me, but whatever I did, I'm sure glad I did it!". I have never seen a husband as good as mine. His 1st priority is my happiness. He makes me want to be the person he thinks I already am. I'm so blessed. I thank Heavenly Father for Him every day.  
 
My hard working mother. Ever since I was born I have watched this lady do tremendous hard work to give her children the best things. I sat at her feet for family night and learned from her testimony. I watched her wear worn out old clothes so that her little girls could have nice things to wear. I watched her as she would embarrass herself to cheer for her children and do the right thing when it was not popular. My mom's deepest desires are for her children to be happy. She is a great lady. I love and respect her. I definitely did not always honor her like I should have. I regret that, but I realize now what she did and how difficult it was. 
 
My exemplary in laws. I have the best in-laws in the world. They are so good to me. They are the most Christlike group of people. They emphasize the good in others and forget the bad. They forgive faster than any people I know. They are strong and immovable. They are the reason my husband is so good. Caleb's parents, sisters, brothers in law, little brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, have done so much to make me feel welcomed and loved. They live the gospel and are dedicated to being disciples of Christ. I'm so blessed to get to be apart of that.  
 
My beautiful sisters. I have 12 sisters. Yes, 12! And I love every last one of them. We have seen each other through really difficult things. Our lives have not been perfect. We have watched each other grieve death, confront our fears, heal from abuse, fall, rise, win, and lose. My sisters will always know apart of me that no one else ever will. They will also have a special place in my heart. Not one of them can be replaced. 5 of them I don't get to see often, but I love them the same, and always will. Breann, Charlie, Hayley, Jacklyn, Jessica, Kayla, Kelsey, Megan, Payten, Rachel, Raygen,and Taylor 
 
My health. I'm very healthy and strong. I almost can do any physical task I decide to do. I'm so blessed with this and I am truly grateful.

Grandma Bette :D
My dear grandmothers. Oh I don't even want to know where or what I'd be without these ladies. They are my second mothers. They have been extremely influential in my life. They are both strong Christians and have taught me about Jesus and His atoning love.  This is Grandma Hudson -->
 
 
Men in my Family. My step dad Bryan, my older Brother Cody, my Grandpa Hudson, my Uncle Brady, my Grandpa Thayne, and my grandpa's who have passed away - Grandpa Ivins and Grandpa Thompson. I love you all and am grateful for your goodness and hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment