Sunday, November 13, 2011

Finding myself in the "Mix"

Let me start by saying, I have the best cooks in my family.
As far back as anyone can remember, the women in my mom's family are Phenomenal cooks!
That is a lot to live up to.
I'm going to be honest. I didn't really care to pay attention to cooking when I lived at home.
Sure, I took pride in the fact that at my house things were "homemade", but I never cared to learn for myself.
It's been now 3.5 years since I moved away from  home, and let me tell you, I'm way better today than I was 3 years ago.
I think I've discovered my problem. I had so many young women leaders who seemed to know how to make very delicious food, in a rather healthy way. So I do my best to do the same, and I fail miserably.
I decided, some things just taste best when made with oil instead of apple sauce and white flour instead of store purchased (bitter) whole wheat flour.

Last night I tried to make chocolate chip cookies with whole wheat flour from the store. BAD IDEA. I've learned that whole wheat flour from the store is MUCH more bitter than fresh ground whole wheat flour.

I also want to try some new chocolate chip recipes. If any of you have any, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment