Thursday, January 5, 2012

Snow, Doughnuts, and Facebook

So I was listening to a lecture for my nutrition class and there was an interesting thought.
The professor said the quote we've all heard, "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." I thought gee... how's is she going to relate this one. Then she said, "In other words, no doughnut ever feels responsible for obesity." Wow... how profound. I'm feeling mighty guilty for all the food I ate over the holidays. I'm going to go a step further and relate this to my life, "no single log in to facebook is responsible for my bad grades."
My goal this semester is to spend WAY less time online. This blog I will update once in a while so that it counts as a journal and a way to share pictures, but I'm greatly decreasing the amount of time I spend online. I don't have horrible grades, but I could do better. I'm a busy person in general. I have a full time job, full time school, a husband, and I like to get 8 hours of sleep. Online is not stealing my time away anymore! I will choose where I am going in life by how I spend my time. And lets be honest, what do we get from reading everyone else's statuses on facebook daily? Have we read daily what God has said?  I haven't got on facebook that much lately because we haven't had internet and I'm grateful. I got back on and realized that there are so many people who have to spend hours a day on there. I felt bad for them. Life is meant to be lived live... not from behind a computer screen. Not having internet woke me up. Caleb and I would play games with each other, talk, cook, or read scriptures instead of hopping online - what a blessing it was to not have internet! We're getting it again soon, but my goal is to stay off much less. I know that Heavenly Father will help me achieve my goals that make me better and help me be closer to Him. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment