Sunday, October 13, 2013

He's here! New man in my life

He's here
   Our little man arrived on August 26. I'm going to blog the birth story some time soon, but I thought I'd give you a sneak peak of this cute babe. Being a mom has been the best experience of my life. Caleb and I keep saying to each other, "We had no idea we'd be this happy!" At the same time, we had no idea it would be this steep of a learning curve. Lincoln has changed our lives for the better and we are so grateful, but who knew it would be this much work? I guess its the same reason why anything that is rewarding take lots of time and effort.

Our little Linc has so much personality. He makes the best facial expressions. He started smiling while he was awake at three weeks!! He loves when mom and dad talk to him. He loves walks. He loves being cuddled. Sometimes he is upset and all he wants is to just get in bed with mom and/or dad and snuggle. Its the best. I hope that doesn't change too soon. I know we're probably biased, but he's the cutest thing we've ever seen. He looks just like his daddy, but a lot of people have said he looks like my dad. To me he looks like Lincoln. He hated bath time the first few weeks and he's loving it now. I'm grateful I get to be this precious boy's mommy.

Our lives have been a whirlwind. I delivered on the first day of fall semester. This is my final semester of school before I graduate. In some ways December can't come soon enough because I hate having to do homework when I want to snuggle him.So around here its feed lincoln, change him, study... repeat. We have the BEST families. They have saved us! There is no way I could be finishing my degree without them. Thank heaven for family.






No comments:

Post a Comment